PDA

View Full Version : nailed in mid-air...lesser pied kingfisher

Jitendra Katre
19-12-2011, 06:21 AM
canon 660d, canon 400,5.6, f/8,1/2000, iso-200

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Nice composition in 'Drooping Nose' format.The bird is in 'Target Acquisition' mode.

I have seen supersonic transport Concord touching down in similar mode at Mumbai and long after I walked pass it in Kolkata.

You are their well-wisher, they also know,please donot 'nail' them.

Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
19-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Lovely wing spread. The beak and the eye is quite difficult to expose, so giving a +ve EC would have helped. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
19-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Nice attempt. Agree that a positive EC would have been better. I really like how these chaps waver in the air at one place and then dive into water to get their food!

tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
21-12-2011, 08:36 PM
I agree with Mrudul that it is difficult to expose the eye as the light was from behind. Ofcourse because of that the wings look good. I also agree that usage of words to describe the animals and birds have an impact on our subconscious mind. For eg. the word game is associated with hunting. Beast gives the connotation of a monster.

I feel waver indicates hesitation. So hover may be the right word here.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Jitendra Katre
21-12-2011, 09:05 PM
i am sorry for the words, the reason i used them was the similarity in stance of the bird and Jesus Christ on cross....but i agree the mistake..

Sabyasachi Patra
21-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Jitendra,
Nothing to feel sorry about. This is an honest discussion. Long back one photographer had infact pointed out to me about the usage of the word "game".

When you said Jesus Christ on Cross, it reminded me of the scene from the film Pyasa where Gurudutt has his hands on both sides of the door and a single spot light is falling from behind. If our images can remind of the viewer about greater themes, then that will indeed be fantastic. Thanks for reminding me about Gurudutt.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi