PDA

View Full Version : A long way to go.....

Suraj Sreedhar
19-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Wild dog (DHOLE) on a misty morning.
Bandipur National Park
Canon eos 550D 55-250mm
Focal length 200+crop
ISO 800
Av f5.6
Time 1/250s

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Good habitat photo.Some space in the left would have been better.I like your caption, more applicable for this predator of our Jungle.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
20-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Including the habitat looks nice. Was any processing done on the background? I would have liked the background to be in focus too. The head turn from the dhole adds to the composition. Wish the light was better. Thanks for sharing.

Suraj Sreedhar
20-12-2011, 01:00 PM
I did not do any processing on the background.I keep only the central AF point active & focus the subject using central AF.So the background is out of focus & only the subject is in focus.

Is this ok or should i keep all AF points active:confused:.

Thank you.

V S Sankar
20-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Nice caption and picture.I envy this animal as all the serene surroundings are its for the taking.....

Regards

Sabyasachi Patra
20-12-2011, 10:23 PM
I did not do any processing on the background.I keep only the central AF point active & focus the subject using central AF.So the background is out of focus & only the subject is in focus.

Is this ok or should i keep all AF points active:confused:.

Thank you.

If by shooting at a short focal length, and cropping the image you are still getting the background blurred, then I wonder what you need to do to get it in focus.

When you are making a large crop, it doesn't matter where your subject is as the composition is during post processing. Check the focus manually as well, as in large crops you are not likely to get critical focus.