PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Balakoteswara Pulipaka
20-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Hello All,

This is Balu Pulipaka, short for Balakoteswara Rao Pulipaka. I am originally from Hyderabad and am currently in Bloomington, Indiana pursuing my PhD in journalism. I was a journalist for 15 years in India last working as the Bureau Chief for The Times of India in Hyderabad.
I have been very involved with tiger conservation, especially in Nagarjunasagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve. Of course, for the past 7 years I have been away and did not do much but I hope to return soon and pick up from where I left.
Cheers!
Balu

Mrudul Godbole
21-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Hello,

Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Its nice to know that you are planning to get involved again in tiger conservation. Look forward to share your views and know more about your experiences.

Keep posting.
Cheers,

Sabyasachi Patra
21-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi Balu,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

Good to know that you were involved in Tiger Census for many years in Nagarjuna Sagar Srisalam tiger reserve. I am also very happy to learn that you are a journalist. There are only a handful of journalists knowledgeable about wildlife and conservation issues. I am happy to know that you will be back in India. We need many evangelists espousing the cause of wildlife.
Sabyasachi

Balakoteswara Pulipaka
21-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Thank you for the welcome. Good to be in touch with people interested in wildlife conservation.
Balu