PDA

View Full Version : KAZIRANGA:Eastern Range:Otter in Playful Mood with the Photographer

Saktipada Panigrahi
22-12-2011, 12:24 PM
CanonEOS300,75-300mm,Kodak200,Scnned from Negative Print,April,2007

Mrudul Godbole
22-12-2011, 02:47 PM
Oh you saw four otters in the open. This is one species I am still to sight and photograph :(. I think they were about to get into the water. Did you sight them in water? Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
23-12-2011, 09:42 PM
This is one species I haven't recorded well. Let me hope to get some time to go to this beautiful place.

Saktipada Panigrahi
24-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Madam Mrudul,
When we first noticed these Smooth Indian Otters(Lutra perspicillata),they were in the waterpool (seen in the foreground )diving into the water and surfacing above and diving again but we did not see them with any catch.When they noticed us, they came out of water on the other side of the pool.They were not alarmed but maintained a safe distance.We left the place immediately so that they could pursue what they wished.
Kind regards,
SaktiWild

V S Sankar
28-12-2011, 08:21 AM
Nice to see otters marching along.I have seen them at Thekkady a few years ago.The pics didnt come out that well at that time.I was wielding the good old Nikon FM2 with Nikkor 300mm lens with Kodak film inside.......

Regards