PDA

View Full Version : Tusker.......Tholpetty

V S Sankar
25-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Tholpetty WLS adjoints the more famous Kabini and Nagarhole and is 14kms from Nagarhole and 35kms from Kabini.This tusker stood there and gave us opportunities to photograph him.........

Canon 400D,55-250IS,ISO400,1/25,f5.6,safari jeep's steppini as trpod

Regards

Sabyasachi Patra
25-12-2011, 09:14 PM
I think a vertical of the head and trunk would have been good. Light seems to be pretty low. Was this in the morning or evening?

I had once taken a ride in one of those safari gypsies. It was bone rattling to say the least and there were other vehicles racing from the opposite side. I had to quickly withdraw my lens for fear of getting hit. Do they allow own vehicles these days?

Earlier I used to drive my Safari in the Nagarhole side and stopped going there when they decided not to allow private vehicles.

Did you take a trek?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

V S Sankar
25-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks for your commets Sabyaji.No private vehicles inside.Sine it was Christmas Day plenty of tourists.I tried vertiical as well.It was evening safari.......This pic was taken today 25.12.2011
Regards

Suraj Sreedhar
26-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Nice image.Even i had been to tholpetty on 23,24 of this month.I did not sight any big cat.We just saw a leopard crossing the thirunelly road at night but could not capture it as it throttled into the bushes in full speed.

Sabyasachi Patra
They do allow private vehicles.They allow only jeep & no other vehicles including SUV are not allowed.If u have a jeep u can take it into the forest paying Rs60/per head & Rs100 for guide.:)

Mrudul Godbole
26-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Agree with Sabyasachi, as it was quite close you could have tried a vertical. I remember going there, the ride was bumpy, and the driver was in a hurry so he kind of sped through the safari. There was so much dust rising from the road, that I kept my camera back in the bag. I hope things have changed there for better. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
27-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Nice portrait with habitat in the background, which I like so much.After a long time I find one healthy elephant fom the South.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

V S Sankar
28-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Thanks for your comments,

Mrudul the ride is bumpy out here and lot of dust at some parts.The jeep driver goes on lilke he is a KSRTC driver!

Suraj,good that you saw a leopard.We were not that lucky......

Saktiji,Iam not an elephant expert.Your comments suggests there is a dearth of healthy elephants in South India.

Regards