PDA

View Full Version : small blue kingfisher

Raj Dhage
26-12-2011, 04:08 PM
wai (satara):)

Ashok Sorout
26-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Nice moment captured, action is well captured, the reflextion looks nice. wish there was more space on right and less on left. Please share EXIF details. Thanks for sharing.

Bhargava Srivari
26-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Agree with Ashok on the space. However, I understand that this bird flies like a bullet, so not very easy to get the right composition when shooting it in flight!

I like the sprinkled water droplets and the reflection.

tfs

Suraj Sreedhar
26-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Lovely freeze.Agree with Bhargava,its difficult to get one in flight.

Mrudul Godbole
26-12-2011, 09:07 PM
Lovely flight action captured. The water droplets look nice. The reflection adds to the composition. Reducing the saturation would be good. Is this a crop? There is some loss in details. Thanks for sharing. Do share the EXIF details when posting.

Raj Dhage
27-12-2011, 05:14 PM
CameraNikon D90
Focal Length200 mm
Shutter Speed1/250 sec.
Aperture4.8
ISO/Film1250

thanksss friendssssssss

Sabyasachi Patra
28-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Nice action. If you could have got the same action without cropping and with a higher shutter speed, then it would have become a winner.

I guess this is a large crop. So you can post a wider composition with more space at the right as well as top and bottom.

In my younger days - when I used to think that each shot is worth a million dollars - I used to place the copyright logo on the subject. Within a month, I realised the fallacy of that thought and stopped placing the copyright on the subject area. According to copyright laws, if your details are there in exif, then others can't use it even without any external copyright sign on the image. However, placing the copyright sign at one corner helps in telling people and acts as a visual deterrent.

Also, with such small sized images, and with images which are large crops, the details are very less and one can't make a good print. So the only place where these images can be used - unauthorised - is by a school kid for his/her class room submissions. So placing the copyright sign at the middle of the image is not required.

If you consider your images to be very good and hence need to be protected, then you can use commercially available watermark softwares. These softwares will tell you when someone downloads your image and uses it somewhere.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi