PDA

View Full Version : Cherry on top.....

Prasad Dingankar
29-12-2011, 11:35 PM
On a sunday afternoon, I was just plying with my cam, and saw this beauty picking insects in our home garden in Konkan, and flew away to some distant place. Then I was searching for it, got it fortunately, close by. When I took the photo I was not even knowing the name except some sun bird.:huh:
I would realy apriciate nuts-n-bolts from the experts.
Exif:
500D
55-250@ 250
F/8
1/250 hand held
ISO 800
0 Bias

Saktipada Panigrahi
30-12-2011, 07:11 AM
Nice image.Nice pose and eye contact.This is ,in my view, a Male Crimson Sunbird(Aethopyga siparaja).Thaks for sharing.SaktiWild

Prasad Dingankar
30-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Nice image.Nice pose and eye contact.This is ,in my view, a Male Crimson Sunbird(Aethopyga siparaja).Thaks for sharing.SaktiWild

Thanks,
Yes its crimson Sunbird, Immediately after clicking this beauty, I started looking for the net to find out the genus of it. Cherry is he synonyms for the word Crimson:001_smile:
Thaks any way..... Looking forword for the critical information from you...

Saktipada Panigrahi
30-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Crimson Sunbird:(Aethopyga siparaja):
The Male has a dazzling crimson breast and maroon back;the fore-crown is green and malar stripe is purple.It has an olive belly and bottle-green tail.The Female has a olive-green back and yellowish belly centre.It can drink nactor by hovering like a hummingbird.(Regional variations have some different colours,shape and size)

Occurence:Himalalyan foothills, South of Narmada,Western Ghats,Goa,Nicobar
SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
30-12-2011, 08:32 PM
The dark red colour looks nice. Wish the bright flower in the bottom right corner was not present. Its nice that you got it turned towards the left, as if it was looking towards the right, then more space on the right would have been needed and that way you wouldn't be able to avoid the bright flower on the right. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipadaji, thanks for sharing the detailed information of this bird.

Sabyasachi Patra
02-01-2012, 07:08 PM
I agree with the previous comments. Good that you got it close. It becomes a challenge to shoot when this bird perches close to white flowers and the light is not frontal. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi