PDA

View Full Version : Black Tailed Godwit- Winter Coat

Supreet Sahoo
02-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I just returned from my christmas trip to Orissa, and I must say that I had some really good moments in the wild. Mangalajodi to start with was nothing less than amazing. Winter migrants with some local residents put up quite a show. We witnessed around 20-25 species of birds and made some decent images of the rudy beasted crake and the slaty breasted rail as well.

Here's a Black Tailed Godwit in its winter plumage that allowed our boat to come close enough to let me make a near full frame image.

Exif:
Canon EOS 7D + EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
Tv 1/500
Av 7.1
Exposure +2/3
ISO 800

Roopak Gangadharan
03-01-2012, 11:20 AM
Great. Well composed and nice details.

thats 2 tough to catch species you have got....hope to see some nice images

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
03-01-2012, 01:07 PM
I liked the composition. The habitat and the pose is nice. Good to know that there are lot of birds in Mangalajodi. Just a bit more space at the bottom would be good. Looks forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
03-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Good image.A sense of pride is sparkling from its stance.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWind

Bhargava Srivari
03-01-2012, 04:36 PM
Good to know you had a nice trip :) I like this image quite a lot. Well exposed. The clean BG is nice. I would have preferred just a bit more space to the left.

Cheers

Sabyasachi Patra
05-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Nice well diffused background. The colours look good. Though the head is parallel to the sensor plane, it is farther away. So it poses a challenge for the depth of field and results in lower sharpness. And when we increase the sharpening during the post processing, sharpening artifacts appear. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi