PDA

View Full Version : Indian Pitta

Praveen Siddannavar
04-01-2012, 09:16 PM
I chose to celebrate the New Year at Wild Woods Spa, a 22 acre property that is heaven for birds. I was lucky to spot many rare birds and photographed quite a few of them. The highlight here was spotting flying lizards, managed to make few images, will share them too.

This is my first image of Indian Pitta:thumbup:

Camera - Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, 500mm+ 1.4x TC

Av 8
Tv 1/800
ISO 800
EC + 0.3 step
Focal length 700mm
Monopod

Date and Time : 30th Dec'11 @ 10:57am

Ashok Sorout
05-01-2012, 12:45 AM
Wish to take such pictures with my available resources.

Praveen Sir Might help me......

Nice shot sir, nice vertical composition, each and every details are seen.

Bhargava Srivari
05-01-2012, 07:19 AM
I love this bird for all the colors it has. If I am not wrong, this bird is called Navrang because it has 9 colors on its body. A well made image, but a lower ISO may have just been fine.

tfs

Mrudul Godbole
05-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Nice eye contact. The catch light looks good. A slight more space on the right would be good. Was any sharpening done? Is this full frame? Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
05-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Thanks for comments guys

Mrudul - this is not a full frame, I had to crop from right as there was some distraction.

Bhargava - I agree a lower ISO would have done the job, I was in the middle of so many birds. I had to capture as many as I can, so thought would be safer to keep higher ISO as I wouldn't have time to change. Also I have doing multiple things, like experimenting filming on my 1D Mark IV. Made two films of Orange Headed Thrush and Black Headed Oriole with Kill.

Roopak Gangadharan
05-01-2012, 05:19 PM
Nice to see a pitta in good light.The details and pose are good but you will get the best of it colours when it is side on with differnt shades of green, blue etc.... there is one which visits our backyard quite regularly these days, always late in the evening when light is very bad but to watch it go about its business is itself a treat....

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
06-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Good to see an image of a Pitta. Looks like a large crop. Slightly less sharpening would have been better as there are artifacts. Good to know that you have started recording video clips with your Mark IV. All the best. We need hundreds of people to document the conservation challenges. I was just informed that I have been featured in Filmmakers for Conservation. Have posted the details here: http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=41112#post41112

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anand Madabhushi
06-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Very lovely. My recent visit to Bandhavgarh educated me in watching birds and photographing. Than you for your comment on Kingfisher.