PDA

View Full Version : Oriental Magpie Robin

Ashok Sorout
05-01-2012, 12:19 AM
Canon 7D, 100-400 @200mm, F11, 1/320, iso 2500 (auto set by camera in AV mode, dont know why?)

Shot taken in morning in Dehradun during my family holidays, I think due to high iso some part of white is over exposued and details are missing.

Bhargava Srivari
05-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Ashok,

I guess you were using the auto ISO option for setting the ISO. Wish the bird was more parallel to the sensor plane so that a wider aperture would have been sufficient. Personally, I'd have gone in for ISO 800 and kept the f value at f6.3 or so depending on the shutter speed and wait for the bird to come parallel to the sensor :)

tfs

Mrudul Godbole
05-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Nice eye contact. Agree with the above comments. In AV mode only the shutter speed is set by the camera, both the aperture and the ISO needs to manually adjusted. Do have a look at the settings. Wish the perch was natural. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-01-2012, 07:41 PM
The aperture decision should be based on the desired depth of field. I am more comfortable when I decide which ISO to use. When the lens is pointed up towards the canopy it is important to keep an eye on the sky appearing through the canopy. Often highlights mar the image.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi