PDA

View Full Version : Bird

Anand Madabhushi
07-01-2012, 05:52 AM
Would appreciate one of you giving me the zoological name.

f8; 1/500; ISO400; 100-400@400

Mrudul Godbole
07-01-2012, 11:33 AM
It is Little Egret (Egretta garzetta). The ruffled feathers look nice. Moving a bit more to the right would have helped to enhance the eye contact further. Do check if the whites are a bit over exposed. Thanks for sharing.

Anand Madabhushi
07-01-2012, 04:35 PM
Mrudul,

I could not move to right as it was not possible. I should have compensated the exposure but this Little Egret just gave me a second to grab three shots. Could this be fixed in PP??

Anand

It is Little Egret (Egretta garzetta). The ruffled feathers look nice. Moving a bit more to the right would have helped to enhance the eye contact further. Do check if the whites are a bit over exposed. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
07-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Nice one Anand, agree with Mrudul's comments. You may also try reducing the highlights.
tfs

Mrudul Godbole
07-01-2012, 09:58 PM
You can try to reduce the highlights in the post processing, by moving the graph more to the left. Which software do you use? I would suggest that you use Adobe Lightroom, which is specifically designed by Adobe for Photographers.

Sabyasachi Patra
08-01-2012, 01:53 PM
I agree with Mrudul. After a period of time, these suggestions will automatically get registered in our subconscious mind and the photographer starts clicking accordingly. While clicking you can also check the blinking highlights in the image review.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi