PDA

View Full Version : Common Sandpiper 2

Joshi Bhavya
08-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Hello everyone...
Another sand piper, I like to compare these two image with Background so,
Pl tell me which Background is perfect for this bird.. One is original BG and another one is Processing BG..
canon 550D, 70-300mm
F;5.6
ISO:400
SS:2500s
AV mode.
Waiting for reply.

Joshi Bhavya
08-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Here is the second image with Blur BG...

Mrudul Godbole
08-01-2012, 11:16 AM
I normally prefer to include the background as it is, as that gives the feel of its habitat. You can always try to get a pleasing background by changing your positions, but that is not always possible. I feel that is the main difference between wildlife photography and indoor photography in which you can change the background or the lighting as you like (controlled conditions).

The original image looks a bit soft, is it a crop? The repost image looks better as I think you have blurred the background and also done some sharpening. Thanks for sharing.

Joshi Bhavya
08-01-2012, 11:23 AM
thank Mrudul for suggest..
the difference in original image is No editing just crop, .. and another image I did Crop, Blur BG and sharpen ...

Sabyasachi Patra
08-01-2012, 02:13 PM
There are two schools of thought. Mostly the americans try to blur the background. There are people who like to move close to the bird and get a well diffused background so that the bird pops up. There are many techniques to get it in the field. If you are flat on the ground and focus on the bird using a wide aperture, then the background being far from the sensor, becomes blurred. In this case, you were not flat on the ground and the bird is also not in focus.

People try to blur the background and show the bird. There are a few photographers who try to do it here as well. The question is what do you achieve by that? After a while, the bird in a stick becomes too monotonous.

Photographers try to do it, because they don't understand the relationship between the subject and the habitat. If you understand the linkage then you can create an image that shows the habitat well. For that you need a higher depth of field as well.

A lot of european photographers show the environment. Creating pleasing environmental images is not easy. When you are having a smaller lens, better to try to use that and create images with habitat. Use your weakness (smaller lens) as your strength. Don't try to do what others can do better with longer lenses. You will fall flat.

Sabyasachi

Joshi Bhavya
09-01-2012, 11:30 AM
thanks Sabyasachi for advice... I want know this only..:Thank again..thumbup1: