PDA

View Full Version : Osprey Scape - Grayscale

Supreet Sahoo
13-01-2012, 05:10 PM
In my endeavor to try something new (once again), I have created a bnw version of the fantastic Osprey Scape that we witnessed the moment we started with our first tadoba safari last week. Did some very basic post processing like playing with levels, channels, curves etc on photoshop.
Exif:
EOS 7D+EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x
Tv 1/1250
Av 7.1
Exposure 0
ISO 400

Murugan Anantharaman
13-01-2012, 05:28 PM
a very different perspective indeed. The tree looks lovely and so does the mist, but i feel somewhere the osprey is lost.The tree seems to be eating up the image largely. Also i feel its a bit too bright.Just my observations.I'm sure the experts would have appropriate comments.

Mrudul Godbole
13-01-2012, 11:26 PM
The b/w composition looks good. Agree with the above comments, the tree dominates the image, so including less of the tree would have been good. The bird does not appear very clear. Wish it was closer. Thanks for sharing.

Praveen Siddannavar
14-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Nice thought behind this composition, I like this
tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
14-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Is this a cropped image?

The subject is small in the image. Unless there is sufficient details in this image (and in the bird), it will not look great. With a high megapixel camera like 7D, there should be more details. The tree with most of its leaves gone has come out well.

Some vignetting around the corners?

Supreet Sahoo
14-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Is this a cropped image?

The subject is small in the image. Unless there is sufficient details in this image (and in the bird), it will not look great. With a high megapixel camera like 7D, there should be more details. The tree with most of its leaves gone has come out well.

Some vignetting around the corners?

This was actually shot from quite a distance. I didnt want to let go off the image as i thought it had some potential in it and wanted to try something with it and hence the black and white compo. The idea was to portray the bird and the tree together right from the beginning and hence im not too worried about the details on the bird. I did try out some vignetting around the corners for that complete bnw composition.

Having said that, it would be great to know if the bnw techniques could have been better here.

Thanks
Supreet