PDA

View Full Version : Ruddy Shelduck Pair

Supreet Sahoo
16-01-2012, 10:49 PM
Pair of bhraminy ducks also known as ruddy shelducks in a bad mood. The lighting was really bad. Shot during my Managalajodi trip in Dec

Exif:
Canon EOS 7D
Tv 1/80
Av 8.0
Exposure 0
ISO 800
EF300mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x

Murugan Anantharaman
17-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Nicely captured. The 2 seem angry not looking eye to eye :). Nice interpretation.

Bhargava Srivari
17-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Nicely exposed. The colors look pleasant. You have done well at the relatively low shutter speed.

If this is a crop, then, more space towards both the left and right of the frame may be better.

tfs

Mrudul Godbole
17-01-2012, 10:10 AM
The habitat looks nice. Agree a bit more space on both the sides would be good. The eye contact is fine. It is difficult to compose when they are facing opposite sides, wish you had got them facing each other. When was this photographed, in the morning? Thanks for sharing.

Supreet Sahoo
17-01-2012, 11:31 AM
I would have loved to add more space if I had it, the problem was that I got only a few shots and that too I was forced to click it with very less space on the left (as there was a lot of vegetation on the left). What makes matters a little worse is the fact that the distance between the two is more than what my eyes would have liked but then again it looked like a good compo and my filmy creativity made up for the story line :001_tongue:

Sabyasachi Patra
18-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Tough scene to compose when the two birds are looking at different directions. They need to be alert for trouble. Light seems to be pretty low.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi