PDA

View Full Version : Barbet

Kaling Dai
19-01-2012, 07:31 AM
7D, 100-400mm, f/5.6, 1/180, iso 250, EC+1, spot metering, fl 400mm, AV mode. these birds are forced to migrate to lower belt due to heavy snow fall in the upper ridge of the mountain where they normally live. now a good number of them are seen in & around but they perch quite high up in tall trees, hence this poor reach.

Abhishek Jamalabad
19-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Looks like a Great Barbet (Megalaima virens). Nice to see this species. I think this is the first shot of this bird here on IndiaWilds :). Hope you get a closer shot sometime soon. It is better to wait in a watchtower or on a rooftop to get these birds at close range and at eye level.
TFS

Murugan Anantharaman
19-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks for sharing this image. This is the first time I am seeing this species. The good part is no matter what the image quality is you have shared it, which is a commendable job. Sometimes learning happens in the most unexpected form. Very neat image. Again, thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
19-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Nice to see this species. The lighting the perch was quite difficult to photograph, but you have managed it well. Moving the camera a bit more to the right aligning it with the tree from the left would have been good. The eye contact is nice. Thanks for sharing the information. Look forward to more.

Roopak Gangadharan
19-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Nice to see a great barbet feeding.

TFS
Roopak

Kaling Dai
23-01-2012, 08:52 PM
thanks Abhishek. yr words are well taken. kaling.

Kaling Dai
23-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Thanks for sharing this image. This is the first time I am seeing this species. The good part is no matter what the image quality is you have shared it, which is a commendable job. Sometimes learning happens in the most unexpected form. Very neat image. Again, thanks for sharing.
thanks Murugan. i am in fact learning this art & can say that i have improved in the Technic, probably little bit if not substantial, ever since i joined this forum. C&C in the forum opens one's eyes. warm regards. kaling.

Kaling Dai
23-01-2012, 09:06 PM
Nice to see this species. The lighting the perch was quite difficult to photograph, but you have managed it well. Moving the camera a bit more to the right aligning it with the tree from the left would have been good. The eye contact is nice. Thanks for sharing the information. Look forward to more.

thank you, Mrudul for the tips. yes it was very difficult to take the shot. first few shots appeared darker so i had to add EC +1, as someone told me to over expose when back lit. warm regards. kaling.