PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Lizard: A close Encounter

Bibhav Behera
19-01-2012, 09:13 AM
Shot in Bhitarkanika. This guy was there next to a fencing around the forest Rest house at Dangamaal. I was leaning over the fence and trying to click it without being spotted when the fence gave way. I toppled and fell onto the other side. As is the case with most photographers, the first instinct is to save your equipment than to break your fall, I raised my hands up to save the camera. Thankfully this fellow was still around and gave me a look of disdain at my clumsiness, stayed a while and slowly walked away.

It was around 4 feet or so in length.

Canon EOS 7D, 300 f/4L IS USM + 1.4x II Extender
SS 1/125
f/7.1
ISO 1250

Full Frame image. Comments and Critiques welcome.

Abhishek Jamalabad
19-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Very nice eye contact. Nice low angle (looks like you clicked from your toppled-over position :D). 4 feet sounds like a good healthy individual. Water monitor, isn't it?
TFS

Murugan Anantharaman
19-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Nice image and an interesting story. Hope you and your camera are both good :). The monitor looks healthy and the eye contact is neat. Am sure you must have clicked the entire lenth of the monitor too. Looking forward to more from your monitor rendezvous.

Bibhav Behera
19-01-2012, 09:30 AM
Yes Abhishek, This was from the 'toppled over position. Thanks for the correction. Silly of me!! :o

Mrudul Godbole
19-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Good that you could save your camera and get a good closeup :). The eye contact and the details are nice. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Nice image. Good low angle. It looks like there was some vegetation in front of the nose and some movement of the head was there. Light seems to be pretty low. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Atul Sinai
21-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Loved the eye. Nice low angle. Looking forward to more...