PDA

View Full Version : Winter...

Dipankar Mazumdar
20-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Dear All,
Its bitterly cold in Delhi and I thought I would post an image made recently reflecting a similarly cold morning at Dasda, LRK, Gujarat. These green bee eaters huddled together, presumably to share body heat. The light was pretty low and made getting any details on the birds impossible to get so rather than overexposing and getting a low shutter speed ( not that the birds were moving), chose to underexpose, loose detail and capture only a silhouette.

EOS 50D+ 300f4 @ 1/250, f4, ISO200

Look forward to comments.
Cheers
Dipankar

Mrudul Godbole
20-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Nice observation. I liked the composition. Nice to see so many bee-eaters together. The beaks pointing in different directions give a nice look to the image. Thinking this would have made an amazing photograph in good light :). Thanks for sharing.

Abhishek Jamalabad
20-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Nice shot. I agree with your decision of making a silhouette rather than looking to expose for the details. The image portrays the winter feel very aptly. There is a hint of another cable at the lower left corner, cropping that out would be better.
TFS

Sabyasachi Patra
21-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Interesting. I agree with the idea. This sums up the situation nicely. In fog, one can't get any colours. Same concept with colours in the sky would look very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi