PDA

View Full Version : fungi on a bark

Murugan Anantharaman
24-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I was busy looking for birds in Karnala when this bark of a tree caught my attention.Liked the fungi growing on it and they seemed to create a pattern of their own. reminded me of a scene from Avatar :)

Nikon d3100,f 5.6, 1/500, 100mm

Abhishek Jamalabad
25-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Nice subject, Murugan. I think this is Coltricia sp. I like this fungus a lot, one of my favourite subjects for experimental shots :). The contrasting shades of the caps look nice, and for this reason I feel a B&W might look better. Why the square crop? A vertical frame would enhance the composition.
I just clicked some macros of the pore surface of this fungus yesterday, will post them soon.
TFS

Murugan Anantharaman
25-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks Abhishek for your comments. this is not a vertical image which i why I have cropped it. I have another vertical image which I will post soon.

Mrudul Godbole
25-01-2012, 08:47 PM
Nice shapes and patterns. Agree with Abhishek, about the vertical composition. Is this a big crop as there is some noise in the background. Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
26-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Nice.Intresting subject.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
26-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Good to see this one. I hope more people see this and realise that there are many species to photograph and document apart from the mega fauna. The blue colour looks nice. I agree that a vertical composition is the way to go. Good that you spotted it. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi