PDA

View Full Version : The Sentinel Amidst the Salvinia

Abhishek Jamalabad
26-01-2012, 02:00 PM
A frog peers above the surface of a pond covered by Salvinia natans plants. This was shot in my garden near Karnala bird sanctuary.

Canon 500D, 100mm Macro USM
SS 1/50
Av 4.0
ISO 800
Full frame at 1:1
Wondering whether there is a bit of camera shake here (?)
I had used a very narrow aperture because I only wanted the eye in focus. Reviewing the image now, I feel a little more DoF would have done good. Let me know your view.

Thanks, C&C welcome.

Mrudul Godbole
26-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Lovely composition. I am fine with the present DOF, as that keeps focus on the eye. The half dipped leaves look nice. Nicely captured. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
26-01-2012, 10:59 PM
Shutter speed was pretty low. Some more sharpness would have been better. Any chance of going down to get a further lower angle? Slightly more depth of field would have been even better.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Abhishek Jamalabad
26-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Sabyasachi,
This was the lowest I could go. Almost at the water level. In fact my fingers on the underside of the lens were already wet :). I will check if I have any higher DoF shots, though I doubt it.

Roopak Gangadharan
30-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Nice. even i feel slightly more dof wud been good here.

TFS
Roopak

Murugan Anantharaman
30-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Nice image.I have a very interesting image of a similar frog found in the amazonian jungles which I managed to click in a conservation center in North America, will post it in FB abhishek. Am sure you'll like to see the similarity between the two.