View Full Version : Tigress

Gajanan Bapat
27-01-2012, 05:09 PM
At TATR KOLSA Range; shivalzari

Canon 550d; f/5.6; 1/320sec/ISO-1250; +0.3 step; 200mm; av mode; Hand held

Sabyasachi Patra
27-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Nice sighting with a direct stare.

Since you are clicking so many tigers, we need to get your technique right, so that we can enjoy your images.

You need to get the auto focus point on the head. If not, then manually you need to focus on the head of the tiger. In this case the body is more in focus than the head.

Increasing the contrast results in deepening the blacks of the eye of the tiger, however, it can't compensate for the lack of critical focus or subject movement.

Unfortunately, the light was not great. So you have used a higher ISO.

Is this a crop? Since you have used 200mm, did it appear close to you?

Gajanan Bapat
27-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Dear Sabyasachi Patra

Thanks for deep studied comments, we will learn lot of things from your comments; the tigress are close to me this shot shoot while she is moveing fast & also our gipsy also moving i think because of moving the focus are on body..

Gajanan Bapat

Mrudul Godbole
27-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Nice stare. It is always good to stop the gypsy while photographing. I know if the tiger is moving, the driver might keep driving. You can always ask the driver to stop at one point where you can get the best composition. It is always good if you get one good image than getting more images with less sharpness. Also you could have used a narrower aperture to get more depth of field. Look forward to more. Thanks for sharing.