PDA

View Full Version : Padma Shri

Prashanth Gokul Dwarapu
30-01-2012, 11:03 PM
It was a proud moment for the conservation community when Dr Ullas Karanth was conferred upon, the prestigious 'Padma Shri' title. It is an apt recognition for the tremendous work he has put in for the cause of conservation.

We have lost two of our foremost wild warriors in Billy Arjan Singh and Fateh Singh Rathore over the last one year and it is men like Dr Karanth who will carry on their legacy and lead the cause. This recognition by the government will hopefully help inspire others in the conservation community.

Saktipada Panigrahi
01-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Good News that Shri Ullas Karnath has received PadmaShri Award 2012.

It is an event only,we should recognize a man by his deeds and contribution, not by the awards he received.I first came to know about him through his writing titled-'Nagarhole and Bandipur National Park' forming a small chapter in a book in 1987.

I deeply condole the demise of "Tiger Fateh" but for him Ranthambhore would never have been what it is today.I deem it a privilege to have a discussion with Tiger Fateh about the faliure of Sariska translocation on the sidelines of a seminar on Sundarbans only a few months before his sudden death.

I also condole passing away of "Billy" who made significant contribution for setting up of Dudhwa.

SaktiWild