Species: Blackbuck Antelope (Female)
Camera: Canon Powershot S3 IS
Place: Velavadar Blackbuck NP
Date: Apr. 2007
Exif: F4, 1/1000s

Sabyasachi Patra
02-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Rahul,
Nice scene. Were you on foot? I would have preferred the black buck a bit to the left. It would have been interesting if you could have moved further to your right and shot through the vegetation. I would have tried to sit down on the ground and get a eye level perspective.

Was this taken with your max zoom? Would like to see an image with a wider lens.

Why did you choose f4 aperture? A narrow aperture would have given you more depth of field.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

The black buck is interested in something. I don't mind the lack of eye contact.

Chitrita Chatterjee
02-05-2009, 07:23 PM
very nice.....
the black buck is following something intently... :-)
would have liked a little more perspective towards th line of vision....
nevertheless.... its a beautiful pic...
love that shiny coat.... :-)

Rahul Parekh
03-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Rahul,
Nice scene. Were you on foot? I would have preferred the black buck a bit to the left. It would have been interesting if you could have moved further to your right and shot through the vegetation. I would have tried to sit down on the ground and get a eye level perspective.

Was this taken with your max zoom? Would like to see an image with a wider lens.

Why did you choose f4 aperture? A narrow aperture would have given you more depth of field.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

The black buck is interested in something. I don't mind the lack of eye contact.

Sabyasachi,

Actually when the herd of blackbuck crossing the dirt road at distance i was in car and quickly come out and click some images. They were very quick so i get hardly few seconds to have these images.

Yes, this show was taken with max zoom, and i crop the image as usual :D. I herewith attach complete image without editing.

In 2007 my photography skills were very poor and even today too. I just click without worried about technical things. I'm still learning the art of photography :)

This female Blackbuck was desperately interested in Male Blackbuck, so she didn't even look at me, i guess :D

Rahul

Rahul Parekh
03-05-2009, 11:44 AM
very nice.....
the black buck is following something intently... :-)
would have liked a little more perspective towards th line of vision....
nevertheless.... its a beautiful pic...
love that shiny coat.... :-)

Dear Ma'am,

Yes, she is really looking graceful with her shiny coat. She was trying to impress someone :)

I hardly get the time to capture this beauty, so can't manage to think for good composition. Thank you so much for your lovely words again...ma'am :)

best wishes,

Rahul