PDA

View Full Version : Rose ringed parakeet

Murugan Anantharaman
08-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Was surprised to find a flock of parakeets near my house in the polluted environment of mumbai. Am amazed as to how they have adapted to living in polluted conditions. Could not resist trying to capture an image. Sorry about the white wire/thread, could not avoid it.

Nikon D3100, F/5.6, SS 1/125, 300mm. Cropped image.

Praveen Siddannavar
08-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Interesting documentation Murugan, are you seeing them regularly, if yes then it becomes even more interesting. I will wait for experts to comment.
tfs

Mrudul Godbole
08-02-2012, 09:17 PM
The composition and the eye contact is nice. I too see lots of parakeets on the nearby trees where I stay. Nice display of habitat. Thanks for sharing.

Shanmuga Raja
08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
murugan sir its nice

Saktipada Panigrahi
09-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Nice image.Beautiful natural colour of the bird.Its good that you see them as I used to more than one decade back. Their requirement is minimal:their flight path should not be blocked and some fruit-bearing/berry trees be there.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
09-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks everyone for you comments.

Normally by the time I reach home from work its dark, but I found out that the parakeets have started coming close regularly. Would be interesting to observe them I guess. Will try to document more of their behaviour.