PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - urgent please.

Kaling Dai
08-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Dear all,

spam messages are sent to my friends in facebook from my account which i am not aware of. kindly advise me what action to take to prevent it. thanking you all. warm regards. kaling.

Mrudul Godbole
08-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Hi Kaling,

I would say this forum is not the best place to answer your query about Facebook, but I understand you are tensed and so you are looking for help. I would suggest that you immediately change your password. See that your new password is strong and not easy to crack. Also if you are checking your Facebook account on any shared PC's do not click the Remember me check box. Do mail the the Facebook support team. I hope you are able to stop this soon.

Sabyasachi Patra
08-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Some of our members spend 90% of their time in facebook and may give better answers.

Since your account is compromised, best thing is to change your password immediately. Always logout from which ever computer you are using. There are many applications in facebook and all of those want to have your details. One should avoid those.

Bhargava Srivari
10-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Kaling,

That has been a problem many users of facebook have faced in the last few months. You need worry about your account being accessed by someone else; as far as I know, this is a bug that automatically uses profiles of millions of users :( You can simply ignore it. I'm sure your friends to whom such spam has been sent are fully aware of this issue and will understand :)

Cheers