PDA

View Full Version : Monitor lizard

Ajay Kumar Tharavath
15-02-2012, 11:19 AM
After having taken a few horizontal shots, I wanted to experiment with a vertical frame. Generally don't see many vertical shots of reptiles.
I have purposely kept the lizard on the top half of the frame to include some rocks and pebbles at the bottom, just to add to the image. Not sure if it works.

NIKON D3100
NIKKOR 70 - 300 VR

EFIX - f 5.6, 1/ 250 sec, ISO - 400

Taken at Ranthambhore national park. It's a full frame image taken hand held from a jeep.

Joshi Bhavya
15-02-2012, 01:08 PM
I would Prefer Horizontal image.. In this Vertical crop Not much details are seen.
and image are little small you can post bigger image to see clearly.

Its good to take shot with habitat (Pebbles and Other stones) but with Horizontal one can see full Dragon and Compo also comes nice. You can share your Horizontal one if you have taken..

Mrudul Godbole
15-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Trying different compositions is good. As you had tried horizontal, the vertical also looks fine. The rocks gives a nice feel of its habitat.
Do check the AF point as some details would have been good. You could have used a narrower aperture to get more details as you had good shutter speed and the lizard remains quite still. Look forward to the horizontal composition. Thanks for sharing.

Ajay Kumar Tharavath
15-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks Mrudul,

Your point is taken. Will keep that in mind next time.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-03-2012, 10:54 PM
When you are clicking a vertical, you have to take care to see that the entire elbow is included.

A lower angle would have looked great.