PDA

View Full Version : Purchased Canon 550D..

Manasi Chaphalkar
19-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi All,

Proud owner of new Canon Rebel T2i (550D) with 18-55mm kit lens and another 70-300mm lens. Purchased from B&H itself..:)

Can anyone pl suggest me which Tripod i should i go for?
Would like to thank everyone here on Indiawilds who helped in choosing and guiding me.

Thanks Sabyasachi for the support.

Bhargava Srivari
22-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Manasi,

Many congratulations on the purchase :) Look forward to seeing images from your new gear!

Personally, I'd ask you to wait for a few weeks to get a hang of the camera and lenses before going in for a tripod.

Cheers

Sabyasachi Patra
23-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Congratulations Manasi on your DSLR.

I have bought many tripods and have lost tons of money. The reason is in the past, I used to do the buying decisions on the basis of present equipment. I have bought tripods that can be placed on table tops and upwards upto my recent video tripod and fluid head weighing around 9kgs and costing around 10k USD. Having said that, since you are serious about your photography, you should atleast speand 8-10k in a manfrotto/benro kind of tripod and sell it off when you need to upgrade.

If you go for a carbon fibre tripod that will have less weight, so it will be easier for you to carry. You can add a head to it and that should serve you long term. Cost will be a bit higher.

You need to decide your budget now. Remember that a tripod will last long, so if you calculate the cost of tripod per year then it will be much lower.

You can see that our members who primarily shooting in a safari, have been managing without a tripod as one can use a bean bag as well. The difference between a newbie and a serious shooter is also in the type of support system that he/she uses.

A tripod will be of help to you when you are clicking landscapes in low light as well as using the 300mm in low light. For rest of the time, one can use proper handholding techniques.

Let me know your budget and I can suggest accordingly.

Manasi Chaphalkar
23-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Thank You Bhargava and Sabyasachi..

I have just purchased my equipment . As this is my first SLR i am getting used to its handling and doing R and D ..it will take some time..i think according to the suggestions here i should probably wait for some more time till i get used to my gear..and then after planning will go for a good tripod instead of settling for some cheap one..

Regards
Manasi