PDA

View Full Version : frozen in action

Kaling Dai
19-02-2012, 08:45 PM
this sun bird was shot in my campus with 7D+100-400mm, f/5.6, 1/500, +0.3, at 400 mm in AV mode.

Abhishek Jamalabad
20-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Well captured. Nice pose and eye contact. Have you edited the BG extensively? It looks blotchy to me.
TFS

Mrudul Godbole
20-02-2012, 08:23 PM
The mid air pose looks nice. Good eye contact. The violet flowers add to the image. Agree was any special processing done? To capture these birds in flight one requires a high shutter of at least 1/1000. What was the ISO? Thanks for sharing.

Kaling Dai
20-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Well captured. Nice pose and eye contact. Have you edited the BG extensively? It looks blotchy to me.
TFS

i did cropping with Microsoft picture manager & may be touch up on brightness & contrast. i am yet to use a photo editing software. thanks.

Kaling Dai
20-02-2012, 09:23 PM
The mid air pose looks nice. Good eye contact. The violet flowers add to the image. Agree was any special processing done? To capture these birds in flight one requires a high shutter of at least 1/1000. What was the ISO? Thanks for sharing.

the bird was quite close by my verandah where i was sitting and a brief spell of morning lighting on the bird made it possible to shoot at ISO 500. thanks.

Mrudul Godbole
21-02-2012, 06:07 PM
i did cropping with Microsoft picture manager & may be touch up on brightness & contrast. i am yet to use a photo editing software. thanks.

Kaling, I would suggest you start using Adobe Lightroom, it is a ideal software for photographers. Else you can use DPP which comes with the Canon camera kit. By using these software your processing will improve and so will the image quality. There are a few articles on these softwares if you check the TIPS section.

Sabyasachi Patra
24-02-2012, 08:15 PM
I agree with Mrudul. Lightroom is a great software. You can download a trial version which you can use one month for free.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi