PDA

View Full Version : Three Idiots

Murugan Anantharaman
21-02-2012, 01:43 PM
The title is more in the lines of the movie, so its an appreciation :)

This is a cropped image from a bigger group of flamingoes. I wanted to specifically capture the leg action and face towards the light. These are lesser flamingoes. What is peculiar is that the adults keep pushing the juveniles out of their way in regular intervals. Its quite a treat to watch them shoo the kiddos away with their beaks and a occasional kick too. Shot at Airoli creek.

Nikon D3100, F/5.6, SS 1/500, ISO 360, focal length 300mm

Mrudul Godbole
21-02-2012, 02:18 PM
Nice feeding pose. A slight more space on the right and left to include the body in full would be good. Was a lower angle possible? Thanks for sharing the behavior. Look forward to more.

Praveen Siddannavar
21-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Lovely image Murugan, love the ripples formed in the water. Finally you managed to these flamingos:)
tfs

Murugan Anantharaman
23-02-2012, 04:25 PM
A lower angle was not possible Mrudul. I could not get to the ground level and had to shoot on top of a flyover connecting the land masses. Need to find a boatwala i guess, to click them close.

Yes Praveen, finally i could manage to spot them. And guess what I roamed around mumbai to get a glimpse of them and finally spotted them as close as 15 mins drive from my house :)

Sabyasachi Patra
24-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Good that you could spot them. It would be great if you can keep a record of their arrivals, departure, estimated numbers etc.

You need to give some space so that the birds don't get cut on the frame edges. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi