PDA

View Full Version : Tiger-Family TATR

Gajanan Bapat
23-02-2012, 12:01 AM
AT TATR On 22/02/2012

" Amazing day for me "

Today I see Four cubs with tigress at Pandharponi & Leapard Mating pair Telia .. another details

will be share after finish safari ....

Saktipada Panigrahi
23-02-2012, 01:21 AM
An incredible image of the tigress in a pool with four sub-adult cubs around.Love and affection showered on one cub by the mother,other cubs waiting for their turn, depicts the tigress as a devoted mother,though only for about 2 years.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

P.S.:How much pains the tigress had taken,how much constant vigil she had to keep,how many hunting sorties she had to make with success rate of only about 1:10, above all keeping herself in amazing fitness, to bring them up speaks about her abilities.One thing is certain- larger prey species, gaur,sambar(as I have seen in Tadoba-Andhari) have helped.

Gajanan Bhai,
You were in the Sundarbans and I was waiting at least for a photo of estuarine crocodile and suddenly you appeared in Tadoda-Andhahi !
Kind regards,SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
23-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Lovely image gajanan. You are quite lucky to have been at the right place at the right time. Lovely words by Saktipadaji aptly depicting the situation. There seems to be a blue tint to this image. Thanks for sharing.

Like Saktipadaji I was also expecting more images from your sunderbans trip. Look forward to more.

Mrudul Godbole
23-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Wow a great sighting to see 4 cubs and the tigress in the clear. The composition looks fine. Agree there is a slight bluish tint, what white balance did you use? Can you post the original image without any PP? Thanks for sharing.

Gajanan Bapat
23-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks To all

Sabyasachi Patra
23-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Nice to see tiger family. It seems either you photographed with an incorrect picture style or during post processing used an incorrect colour temperature.

Terry Gonsolvis
29-02-2012, 01:08 AM
What a sight to behold. You are indeed a very lucky chap to be in the right place and the right time. Thank you for sharing this unique picture of the wild.
UK.