PDA

View Full Version : Coppersmith Barbet

Murugan Anantharaman
26-02-2012, 12:35 PM
Saw this bird yesterday at my backyard. Infact there were quite a few of these barbets. Very agile and quite difficult to photograph as they hop from one branch to another very quickly. They had come to eat the little fruits of the peepal tree. There was a slight shake as I was trying to frame these quick moving barbets.

Nikon D3100, F/5.6,SS 1/125, ISO 100,fl 300mm, +.3,cropped image.

Mrudul Godbole
26-02-2012, 05:31 PM
A very colourful bird. The habitat displayed looks nice. A higher ISO like 200 or 400 for getting a higher shutter speed would have been good to capture its brisk movements. Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
27-02-2012, 07:15 AM
The brilliant red forehead , breast patch and eye ring have come out well .The dark green upper parts?Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
28-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Murugan,
It is not easy to capture these fast moving birds. However, if you have to use slow shutter speed, then you need to choose your moment to click. I am happy to see so many bird images from your balcony. You are a great balcony birder. :D

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
28-02-2012, 10:14 PM
ha ha nice one Sabyasachi. Its more of a terrace birder now, the balcony has graduated to the terrace now, get more options to photograph. I am working on the shutter speed, managed to get some better shots with a higher shutter speed. Will post eventually.