PDA

View Full Version : Magpie Robin!!!

Murugan Anantharaman
27-02-2012, 09:47 AM
This fellow was busy calling out and that attracted me first and soon I realized that a female robin was his target. They both flew away followed by another male robin. Was quite interesting to watch this drama. Managed to click the male robin and also click the female robin which is more of only a record shot. Again at my backyard over the weekend.

Nikon D3100, F/5.6,SS 1/60, fl 300mm, ISO 100, ec +.3, cropped for composition.

Ajay Kumar Tharavath
27-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Nice one .. was the camera hand held when you took this image.
I personally find it very difficult to get sharp images hand holding the camera. I always try to rest my hand somewhere for support or use a monopod / beanbag.

Murugan Anantharaman
27-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Yes Ajay, the camera was hand held. I agree giving any form of support helps get sharper images but sometime you just dont have that luxury especially when photographing birds. Moreover, my tripod broke in transit while traveling :(

Mrudul Godbole
27-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Nice perch and eye contact. The clean background looks good. As the shutter speed was quite low, increasing the ISO to 200 or 400 would have helped to get more shutter speed, as you were hand holding. An off entered composition would be good. What is the white patch in the centre? Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
27-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Nice eye contact.With approach of spring this spirited bird regains its joyous voice.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
28-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Mrudul- i'm not sure which white patch you are talking about but if its on the body of the bird then its the natural white feathers which are sandwiched by black ones.

Sabyasachi Patra
28-02-2012, 10:11 PM
1/60 shutter speed is low. When you crop images, the imperfections get magnified. The branches create a pattern. May be less space at the top and more below would have been better.

There is a white patch midway between the bird and your name. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Murugan Anantharaman
28-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Oh ok that white patch. I'm not sure too, looks like a leaf to me which seems to have got overexposed :(