Rajan Kanagasabai
05-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Common Coppersmith Barbet

400D, Canon EF 100 - 400, F6.0, 1/400

Rajan

AB Apana
05-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi Rajan,

Is this a full frame image? I feel the bird is a bit lost amongst the berries.

Apana

Rajan Kanagasabai
05-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Yes Apana, this is a full frame . . . u r right, the bird was a little fellow (possibly the size of a clenched fist) and extremely nimble. It is kind of lost amongst the berries . . .. Was difficult to get it line up. Will try and get it on an uncluttered frame soon :-)

Rajan

Sabyasachi Patra
05-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Rajan,
If you are patient then you will get a much closer shot one of these days. I would have composed it off-centre and to the right.

I am saying this because, in Malaysia I was photographing a Streaked spider hunter at 800mm and was having huge difficulty in tracking and framing the fast moving bird. A day later I saw an elderly gentleman with a short zoom waiting patiently near a bush. He got a full frame in about half an hours wait. :-) I realised you have to be patient and also be able to stealthily move and position yourself.

Where was this photographed?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mital Patel
06-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Ranjan i fully agree with Sabyasachi,

to have patient and wait and allow subject to get closure is always a good trick then expect a huge long lens.

although prime is prime but you can do lots of thing even with point and shoot like getting full frame images of birds if you know the subject.

i have some nice full frame small waders who allowed me to get close in just 15 minutes and even some small birds too.

so try to do that thing first and it will help you a lot in getting know your subject from close and you will have nice frames.