PDA

View Full Version : Price of Canon 100-400 lens

Krishnadas N Mallya
27-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Hi all,

I'm planning to buy Canon's 100-400L IS lens for my wildlife trips. I need to plan and save to get one. I know approx value of the same ie. 97K.

Has anyone in this forum has bought the same from Indian Market recently? If yes what was the price? Does anyone have suggestions for the best bargain for the same?

Sabyasachi Sir : I read in your post that you have arranged nice discounts for people buying Canon goods, am I eligible for the same? If yes can you send me details please.

Thanks
Krishnadas N Mallya

Sabyasachi Patra
28-02-2012, 10:42 PM
I have not kept track of the price of the 100-400 lens of late. So I don't know the exact price today.

I used to buy lenses from US but now with my relation with Canon, I am buying it in India. I have helped many get their equipment including long tele lenses. However, it is a thankless job.

Krishnadas N Mallya
28-02-2012, 10:49 PM
I have not kept track of the price of the 100-400 lens of late. So I don't know the exact price today.

I used to buy lenses from US but now with my relation with Canon, I am buying it in India. I have helped many get their equipment including long tele lenses. However, it is a thankless job.

Sabyasachi sir - With a very tight budget such as mine any rupee I save in this purchase will only help. Though I'm not prepared to buy it right now I would like to know the extend of the discount I can avail with your help. If it is not that great I'll resort to leaving that idea since I can understand your time is more valuable than saving few thousands for me.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnadas N Mallya

Sabyasachi Patra
29-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Let me know when you are ready to buy it. At that time I will find out. The prices keep on changing.

Krishnadas N Mallya
29-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Let me know when you are ready to buy it. At that time I will find out. The prices keep on changing.

Thank you Sabyasachi sir. Will certainly let you know once I've the budget to buy the same.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnadas N Mallya

Avinash Nebhani
03-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Hi, I am new here and just stumbled upon your conversation.

I was planning to upgrade to Canon 7D and Canon 100-400mm f3.5/5.6 lens
Canon 7D body only is 70K
Canon 100-400mm is 89K
in Mumbai

Sabyasachi Sir, is the price right ? Can you get me a better bargain ? Please! :)
I would be grateful if you can help !

Anand Madabhushi
13-09-2012, 05:22 AM
Canon revised the prices w e f 07092012. The price that was <100k is about 145k. The dealers are still working out the prices after taxes.

Hi, I am new here and just stumbled upon your conversation.

I was planning to upgrade to Canon 7D and Canon 100-400mm f3.5/5.6 lens
Canon 7D body only is 70K
Canon 100-400mm is 89K
in Mumbai

Sabyasachi Sir, is the price right ? Can you get me a better bargain ? Please! :)
I would be grateful if you can help !