View Full Version : Coppersmith barbet

Ajay Kumar Tharavath
27-02-2012, 06:33 PM
NIKON D3100
NIKKOR 70 - 300 VR

EFIX - F 7.1,
1/ 500 sec,
ISO - 200

The bird was pretty far for my 70 - 300 to get a decent shot.
This is the best I could manage. Had to crop the image heavily for a close up.
Sharpening, levels and contrast adjusted in Photo shop.
The image was taken hand held at the outskirts of Kolkata.

Saktipada Panigrahi
28-02-2012, 08:19 AM
The image of this colourful bird taken under trying conditions appears good.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Murugan Anantharaman
28-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Nice image Ajay. This one's a really brisk bird and you've rather done well in trying conditions. Thanks for sharing.

Mrudul Godbole
28-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Nice you got it with a fruit. Since it is a crop, you could have left some more space on the left as that would have added to the composition. Cropping a lot only adds noise to the image and there is loss of details. So you can try to include some space than making a tight close-up. A slight head turn towards you would have enhanced the image further. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
28-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Ajay,
I understand how you would be feeling while clicking this image with a 70-300 lens. Exact 20 yrs back, I too had started with a 70-210 mm lens and then 70-300mm lens. So I understand your pain. :)

When you see a new species or behaviour it is important to document, however, large crop it may be. From a photographic point of view, it is important that you try to create environmental images showing its habitat. Try for higher depth of field. It is not easy, as you will find many distracting branches etc. If you get it right, the images will shine. Keep on trying. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi
PS: You need to look for good eye contact in the image as well.

Ajay Kumar Tharavath
29-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Thank you all so much :001_smile:
And yes I will definitely try to capture the habitat in future.

Ajay