PDA

View Full Version : Long way to go...

Harshad Pendse
28-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Long way to go... Melghat Memories

Mrudul Godbole
28-02-2012, 09:47 PM
Nice landscape. The curving roads leads the eye into the frame. Which camera and lens are you using? Please post the EXIF details. Thanks for sharing.

Harshad Pendse
28-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Being ameture photographer, I do not understand pro-language, what is EXIF info and how do I get to know about the same.

Camera Used was Cannon powershot with built in lenses.
Original file size beling 2.63MB, a smaller sized file has been used for uploading.

properties of the original file showed following info

Camera Maker - Cannon
Camera model - Canon POwerShot S5 IS
F-stop f/3.5
Exposure time 1/8sec.
ISO speed ISO-80
Exposure bias 0 step
Focal Length 20mm
Max aperture 3.625
Flash mode - No flash compulsory

However am I am expected to write all this info with every snap that I upload?

Mrudul Godbole
29-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Thanks for sharing the details. You are right EXIF means details of Aperture, shutter speed and ISO. These details help to understand what settings you had used when you clicked the image and so we can comment better and tell what you could have done better.
Presently what software are you using to process your images? You can use Picasa (google) which shows these details and will also help to convert your images to a smaller size (300 kb max) to post on the forum.

Harshad Pendse
29-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge. Curently I am using MS office picture manager. Now shall try out picasa as well.

Sabyasachi Patra
01-03-2012, 10:31 PM
I agree with Mrudul. The reason for asking the exif details is that it helps in critiquing.

for example a low shutter speed results in camera shake and lack of sharpness. A narrow aperture results in more depth of field etc etc. Once you start examining these exif details, you will now which ones to control when you click next.

Sabyasachi