View Full Version : Alone...

Rahul Parekh
06-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Species: Indian Peafowl (female)
Camera: Canon Powershot S1 IS
Date: Jul. 2005

Udai Bisht
07-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Nice sharp image with good colours, Rahul. Regarding the composition, I feel the bird and the plant on the left are vying for attention. Would it have been possible for you to move the camera to your right to cut out the plant and leave a bit more space where the bird was looking?

Kiran Ghadge
07-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Love this shot.. it gives nice feel...

Rahul Parekh
07-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Nice sharp image with good colours, Rahul. Regarding the composition, I feel the bird and the plant on the left are vying for attention. Would it have been possible for you to move the camera to your right to cut out the plant and leave a bit more space where the bird was looking?

Hi Udai,

I think this is the main attraction of the image. viewer's eye bounce between the two subjects. Both the subject compete for attention. That's why i've given the title 'Alone' :).

If i cut the plant, than this composition become a normal bird photograph...Thank you so much for your kind words and observation. :)

Rahul

Rahul Parekh
07-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Love this shot.. it gives nice feel...

Thank you so much kiran for your kind appreciation :)

Sabyasachi Patra
07-05-2009, 06:14 PM
This looks like after a rain, so the colours have come out nicely. The image is sharp.

The plant is at a more powerful position than the bird. I feel it would have been better if the plant and the bird would have exchanged positions. I would like to give some space at the bottom as the peafowls beak is about to come out of the frame. Some more space on the right would be good as well.

Rahul Parekh
08-05-2009, 12:08 PM
This looks like after a rain, so the colours have come out nicely. The image is sharp.

The plant is at a more powerful position than the bird. I feel it would have been better if the plant and the bird would have exchanged positions. I would like to give some space at the bottom as the peafowls beak is about to come out of the frame. Some more space on the right would be good as well.

Sabyasachi,

Yes, the image just taken after the rain, so feel is very cool. Once again this is a big crop :)

Position as well as the bright colour of the plant attracts the eyes. Here's new composition as per your wish...

Rahul