PDA

View Full Version : Id please

Anand Madabhushi
08-03-2012, 12:05 PM
I got only three shots of this bird. Opened up the shadows. Converted picture style to Portrait. 25-30% crop on top and right. Applied rule of thirds. More space in the opposite direction as per latest learning (would not know if suits this subject).

1/320 in TV mode; f14; ISO640 (hence the noise); 100-400@400mm.

Supreet Sahoo
08-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Looks like a juvenille black naped oriole.

Saktipada Panigrahi
08-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Nice sight.It is,in my view,Eurasian Golden Oriole(Male):Oriolus oriolus.
Bengali: Sona Bau, Hindi:Swaran peelak.ID:The black eye-stripe does not extend behind the eye.
Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Anand Madabhushi
08-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Thank you Saktida and Supreetda. You will have one more bird to identify tomorrow.

Mrudul Godbole
08-03-2012, 06:26 PM
More space in the opposite direction as per latest learning (would not know if suits this subject).

Nice sighting. I think you got me wrong, the general rule of composition is to have more space in the direction the subject is looking. In this case as the bird is looking towards right, so there should be more space on right and less on the left. As the space on the left becomes -ve space (as it is behind the subject). You can check the below thread for more details.Thanks for sharing.

Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84)

Anand Madabhushi
08-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks, Mrudul.

Nice sighting. I think you got me wrong, the general rule of composition is to have more space in the direction the subject is looking. In this case as the bird is looking towards right, so there should be more space on right and less on the left. As the space on the left becomes -ve space (as it is behind the subject). You can check the below thread for more details.Thanks for sharing.

Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84)

Roopak Gangadharan
08-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Agree with shakti sab, immature male golden oriole.

TFS
Roopak