PDA

View Full Version : Indian Koel (Female)

Anand Madabhushi
09-03-2012, 01:43 PM
This specie eluded me yesterday after one record shot. Today I shot 154 images slowly inching closer and closer.

1/400;f10;ISO500:100-400@400. Changed Auto W B to Daylight and Neutral PS to Portrait

He brought something out from inside his mouth and spit it. Looks like a seed in a fruit.

Roopak Gangadharan
09-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Nice pose. Not a shy bird and you will get more opportunities and hopefully in some good light. Birds regurgitate seeds and undigetsed food in form of pellets.

TFS
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
09-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Good to see that you are now able to move in closer. Reminds me Robert Capa's famous words "if your images are not good enough, then you are not close enough".

Though our modern photographers think they can crop as much as possible due to the high resolution images, the impact is there to see.

Some more space at the left and less at the right would have strengthened the image. Look forward to more images.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anand Madabhushi
09-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Patraji

The lady was moving too much. and I shifted to portrait mode. Had I shot this in landscape mode I would have had to crop quite a bit.

Will try a better image next time around.

Regards

Anand

Good to see that you are now able to move in closer. Reminds me Robert Capa's famous words "if your images are not good enough, then you are not close enough".

Though our modern photographers think they can crop as much as possible due to the high resolution images, the impact is there to see.

Some more space at the left and less at the right would have strengthened the image. Look forward to more images.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Anand Madabhushi
09-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Thanks, Gangadharanji.

Is any improvement required on lighting aspect in this image? Regards,

Anand

Nice pose. Not a shy bird and you will get more opportunities and hopefully in some good light. Birds regurgitate seeds and undigetsed food in form of pellets.

TFS
Roopak

Roopak Gangadharan
09-03-2012, 05:14 PM
I was refering to the natural light (there are shadows on the bird) and nothing related to PP.

Rgds
Roopak

Anand Madabhushi
09-03-2012, 05:33 PM
The shadows are because of the branches above.She was on the lowest branch.
PP details are mentioned below the image.
Regards
Anand

I was refering to the natural light (there are shadows on the bird) and nothing related to PP.

Rgds
Roopak