PDA

View Full Version : Loten's

Rajan Kanagasabai
07-05-2009, 03:25 PM
At last caught this guy on an almost full frame (very small crop to remove a distracting leaf at the left).

The very small size make it even more challenging following the bird and filling up a full frame.

400D, Canon EF 100-400, F 6.4, 1/500, ISO 400.

regards
Rajan

Rahul Parekh
07-05-2009, 07:13 PM
beautiful capture...loved the BG...

Sabyasachi Patra
07-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Rajan,
Good to see that you have starting getting these ones close to you. I like the diagonal composition. Nice colours and the background is like pastel colours.

You clicked it at 370 mm. So lost about 48mm. It happens at times with zooms. once I was photographing a tiger at 70 mm forgetting that I was using the 70-200 f2.8 zoom. :-)

If you had used the full 400mm available then you would not have required to crop. However, at times you may need to go wider when one of these birds come close to you.

While processing it will be better if you can open up the shadows a bit, as the throat and belly portion looks to have lost details. I suggest that you revisit the pp again. Thanks for sharing. Look forward to many more full frame images of these little beauties.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
07-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi Rajan,

Lovely capture. Liked the composition. Good clear BG and lovely perch and colours. Is there a movement, just thinking if it is a bit soft in the eye.

Look forward to more..