PDA

View Full Version : White Breasted Kingfisher

Suranjan Mukherjee
13-03-2012, 05:31 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum, this is my first post. White Breasted Kingfishers are a common bird in India though this photo was taken in urban environment, a small pond beside my home and I captured from my window(hide). :001_huh:

Shoot with Nikon D3000 with Tamron 70-300mm DI LD @300mm f8, ISO 200 and handheld with Shutter Speed 1/320s

Waiting for your views. Thanks.

Saktipada Panigrahi
13-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Congratulations.Good image.Your first posting is with West Bengal's State bird.Its looking away from you ,and yet its focussed eye and patience are well documented .Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Anand Madabhushi
13-03-2012, 07:17 PM
Welcome aboard. Nice image.

Sabyasachi Patra
13-03-2012, 09:57 PM
Suranjan,
Welcome to IndiaWilds!

You can post more about yourself in the Who's Who so that we can know you better. Who's Who - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)

Nice to know that you are able to click from your window. Lowering the contrast and pulling up the shadows will be good as the blacks have lost details. Which software did you use for post processing?

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Mrudul Godbole
14-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Welcome to IndiaWilds..!!

Nice first post. I liked the composition. I agree with the above comments. Thanks for sharing.

Suranjan Mukherjee
14-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks everybody for viewing and the comments. It will insist me to do better next time.

@ Patra Sir, I will surely try to do what you said, I have used Lightroom 3 for this. Thanks.