PDA

View Full Version : Portrait of a Tigress

Sabyasachi Patra
08-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Bandhavgarh National Park.

Canon EOS 1D Mark II, Canon EF 300mm F4 L IS USM, ISO 200, f6.3, 1/250 sec, full frame.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kiran Ghadge
08-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Lovely...beautiful shot... would have loved head turn towards you or eye contact. Light and bokeh seems to be little harsh...Also I feel the details in some highlights are lost.

Div Puri
08-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Nice shot Saby. I would have liked a wee bit more of the body. To my eye it looks a little incomplete. Just my 2 cents.

Sabyasachi Patra
09-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Kiran,
The light was early morning light at 7.45 am. The details in the highlights are intact. I can see the details and also checked the histogram to verify as well. If I would have used f4, then the background would have become a bit shallow.

This was taken from an elephant back. I was waiting for her to turn her head a bit, but she didn't. A foreigner lady photographer was with me on the elephant, and she started making noises as if she was calling a dog. I was disgusted and asked the mahout to turn back.

This was the Sidhababa tigress last year and I found her pregnant and being disturbed by the elephants. I didn't take another elephant ride, neither did I stop my vehicle when she was resting near the nullah.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kiran Ghadge
09-05-2009, 11:18 AM
The highlights in my home PC are perfect, I need to correct that in my office PC i think, I couldn't see any details in whites yesterday :)