PDA

View Full Version : Grey Headed Canary Flycatcher

Kaling Dai
15-03-2012, 08:43 AM
i shot this bird this morning as it was active catching flies(probably). the night long heavy rain had removed dust & darts from the air and even with overcast morning sky made it possible to focus the subject with 7D, 100-400, f/7.1, 1/100, iso 400, AV mode, window pane as support, image cropped to frame, slight PP done in DPP. C&C welcome.

Saktipada Panigrahi
15-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Beautiful image.Nice eye contact.Colour looks fine.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
15-03-2012, 10:32 AM
hi kaling,
Tough to focus these small and restless birds. not very sure the focus has locked on the bird.a more offcentered compo wuld be nice with more space on the right.that will also exclude the green patch in the left. a vertical compo wuld look good considering the shape of the perch twig.

TFS
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
15-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Cute bird. The eye contact is nice. Agree with the above comments. Wish it was closer. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
15-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Looks like there is a bamboo fence/gate in the background. Your shutter speed was pretty low. When the subject is parallel to your lens, then you can try a wider aperture of f5.6. That would have increased the shutter speed.

I agree with Roopak that the bright out of focus green on the left attracts attention. So composing this image with the bird more to the left of the frame would have strengthened the composition. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Kaling Dai
16-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Looks like there is a bamboo fence/gate in the background. Your shutter speed was pretty low. When the subject is parallel to your lens, then you can try a wider aperture of f5.6. That would have increased the shutter speed.

I agree with Roopak that the bright out of focus green on the left attracts attention. So composing this image with the bird more to the left of the frame would have strengthened the composition. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi
you are right about the bamboo fence behind. i have noted all of your tips. thanks for comments.