PDA

View Full Version : Indian Scops Owl-Rufous morph

Roopak Gangadharan
15-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Heard the squirrels creating a din one afternoon and went to check out expecting to see a Shikra and found this instead. A small owl (Otus bakkamoena), the grey-black plumage is more wide spread. Its call is similar to one of the calls of the white cheeked barbet.

500D, 55-250,250mm, AE f5.6, ISO 400, SS1/200.Cropped image.

Rgds
Roopak

Mrudul Godbole
16-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Nice sighting. Good that you got the eye in light. The vertical composition looks good. Maybe using a slight narrower aperture would have helped to get more details. Thanks for sharing.

P.S - Congrats on competing 1000 posts..!! :thumbup1: Your knowledge of natural history and the photographs you shared have definitely added a lot to IndiaWilds. We look forward to your continued contribution. Keep posting.

Roopak Gangadharan
16-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Thanks Mrudul. Didn't know that.:). It has been great being a part of Indiawilds in Learning and Sharing. My sincere appreciation for Indiawilds Team for providing a platform like this for nature lovers in particular to you and Mr.Patra.

Rgds
Roopak

Saktipada Panigrahi
16-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Nice sighting with your probing eyes.The little horn as ear tuft so well documented.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Roopak Bhai,
Kindly accept my deep and abundant appreciation for the contribution you have made to IndiaWilds which has enriched us so much.Congratulations for your crossing 1000 mark, its an important number no doubt, but more significant is the value addition,where you have excelled, in my considered view.
Kind regards,
SaktiWild

Roopak Gangadharan
16-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Shakti sab I am truly humbled by your kind words, hope I am worthy of your praise. As you rightly said we all have a long way to go in contributing what we can for mother nature.

Rgds
Roopak

Sabyasachi Patra
16-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Congratulations Roopak on completing 1000 quality posts. It is important to share knowledge of natural history. Your observations are adding to the collective wealth of knowledge. I know of many who have appreciated your contribution.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Supreet Sahoo
17-03-2012, 10:11 AM
A great way to reach the 1k mark Roopak. Thanks a lot for all the knowledge that you have shared. Expecting a shikra and getting images of a scops owl and that too in rufus morph is great. Keep sharing and all the best.

Regards
Supreet

Roopak Gangadharan
17-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Supreet :Thanks a lot.

Patra sab: Felt very good to hear that from you.

Rgds
Roopak

Bibhav Behera
18-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Lovely Image Roopak. I love the spotlight on its face. Thanks for Sharing.

Congratulations on the 1K mark. You contributions have been very enriching to say the least.