PDA

View Full Version : Banbehi Female died Yesterday

Harshad Barve
08-05-2009, 02:41 PM
News arrived from Bandhavgarh , My driver told me that Banbehi female died yesterday

Any confirmations

Harshad

Sabyasachi Patra
08-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Harshad,
It is not yet confirmed whether the Banbehi female or its cub is dead. I had heard that on 3rd May she was found to be vomiting. She had killed cattle and it might be a case of poisioning. Reports are awaited. It would be sad if the Banbehi female is dead. She has been in that area for a long time.

Sabyasachi

Harshad Barve
08-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Just now news has been confirmend that died tiger was BANBEHI FEMALE,

She died because of ignorance of the FD people wo did not take care of her after contineous warnings from villagers about her.

Now these FD people will have a reason to send cubs to zoo

I am vary sad & very angry

If these FD people cant handle Tiger population , then why the hell these guys dont allow tiger re-location

News bought me tears as She was my first sighting in Bnadhavgarh

Harshad

Mrudul Godbole
08-05-2009, 06:58 PM
Thats a depressing news. If tigers are not safe in Forests then there is no hope for their survival in India. I hope we take some action against this.

Rahul Parekh
08-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Our jungles are in the wrong hands....None can do nothing & None can save wildlife and nature from this mindless people & hoax situation. Our jungles are for entertainment purpose only and nothing else.....

Murugan Anantharaman
11-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Everytime a news of a dead tiger/tigress/cub comes in its very depressing. Its pathetic that nothing seems to be really happening for their conservation. Desperate to do something....but what can be done dont know...no amount of awareness programmes or sermons will work unless these magnificient creatures are loved.

Thumbs down to Van vibhag.