PDA

View Full Version : experimenting with ISO

Kaling Dai
16-03-2012, 09:48 PM
it was raining heavily with extremely low visibility. so i thought of trying it out with high ISO.........my query at the moment was...as to why the manufacturer provided such an ISO in the equipment. thus i tried this on this drenching Oriental Magpie Robin, the bird was about 20 mtr away. shooting parameters: 7D with 100-400mm, f/5.6, ss 1/400, ISO-12800, EC 0, AV mode, metering - manual, slight touch up in DPP, cropped to frame. C&C welcome.

Sabyasachi Patra
17-03-2012, 02:14 PM
I like the feel or rains in this image.

One should avoid the high ISOs as the noise/grains are much higher. In rare situations, one can click to document.

I have used ISO 12800 to click and film Gaurs jostling with each other before dawn. Gaur jostling - Indiawilds: Land of the Tiger. Conservation, Wildlife Photography, Communities (http://www.indiawilds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5806)

It will take sometime before we start getting clean images in high ISOs. Till that time these high ISOs are to be used only in exceptional cases.

Mrudul Godbole
17-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Nice environment image. The rains give a nice feel to the image. Wish it was closer to get more details. Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
17-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Nice image and neat that you tried to do something different Kaling. I suppose this was clicked in Arunachal just as most of your other images. As Mrudul said there is a lovely feel of the rain in this image. If you have other images of the rains on the hills or forests please share, would love to view them. Thanks for sharing.