PDA

View Full Version : Record shot: Blue throat from chilika

Sabyasachi Patra
18-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Canon EOS 1D Mark IV, Canon EF 400mm f2.8 L IS USM, EF 2xII TC, ISO 800, f7.1, 1/1250, full frame image.

Murugan Anantharaman
19-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Nice image Sabyasachi. Looks like the bird was really far off. After using a 400mm with a 2x tc the legs and tail still seem a bit blurred even though the aperture is 7.1. The colours look nice especially the blues in its body and the bg is also neat. I'm keeping this image for reference, Hope you dont mind :)

Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
19-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Wonderful rare image.Array of colours so well documented that it looks like a film photograph.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
19-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Lovely sighting. Nice eye contact and clean background. I think it is definitely more than a record shot :). Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
19-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Murugan,
The bird was actually very close. I had positioned myself so that it was moving towards me. I was on the slope of the bund and struggling to keep my OConnor fluid head and Hi-hat firm on the slope and click. The exif details says that the bird was 5.3 meters away. I felt it was close to 10 feet which was the minimum focusing distance of my lens.

The depth of field at such close distances are in a few millimeters. I have many images where the legs of the bird was cutoff as the bird was too close.
Sabyasachi

Nice image Sabyasachi. Looks like the bird was really far off. After using a 400mm with a 2x tc the legs and tail still seem a bit blurred even though the aperture is 7.1. The colours look nice especially the blues in its body and the bg is also neat. I'm keeping this image for reference, Hope you dont mind :)

Thanks for sharing.

Roopak Gangadharan
20-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Nice low angle and eye contact.the colours on the throat look good. It seems to have been foraging.

TFS
Roopak

Bhargava Srivari
20-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Sabyasachi,

Good to see you post :) You may be keeping busy, but you must try to post images more often :)

tfs

Sabyasachi Patra
20-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Bhargava,
I agree that I need to find time to post more often. Actually, I have moved away from Nokia and joined MAIT as Executive Director in December. So reorienting the organisation according to my vision is keeping me busy. And of late with the Union Budget. You can find me articles and views in most of the newspapers on the Union budget. I need to work hard so that I can afford to get some money for my passion as well to build up this community. There are lot of images that I need to convert and post. Will do it slowly.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi