PDA

View Full Version : Aconite

Kaling Dai
20-03-2012, 10:07 PM
flower of aconite found in Tsitapuri, Arunachal. Adi tribes of Arunachal extracted arrow poison from the roots of this plant long before fire arms replaced bow and arrow.

Saktipada Panigrahi
21-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Nice rare image of the flowering plant.Adds to very little we know about India's diversity. I think, in general,flowers may not cause any harm ,but about seeds I can not even guess. Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
21-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Very attractive colour. The vertical composition looks nice. A higher DOF would have been good to get the whole plant in focus. What were the EXIF details? Thanks for sharing.

Murugan Anantharaman
21-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Nice image Kaling. I have also heard about the venomous capabilities of certain plants. When it comes to sea life, i've heard experts saying the more colorful the more poisonous, not sure if its the same in land life also. Agree with Mrudul on the DOF. Thanks for sharing.

Sabyasachi Patra
21-03-2012, 10:15 PM
I think you uploaded a image larger than 1024 pixels on the longest side so the software resized it. So the quality has dropped. Please check.

Good to know about the poison in its roots. The knowledge that these tribes had is slowly vanishing. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi