PDA

View Full Version : Female Streaked Weaver

Kaling Dai
21-03-2012, 01:41 PM
sorry for late posting on world sparrow day. according to mythology of Adi tribe of Arunachal, "disappearance of sparrows from a locality portends impending epidemic." i have so many sparrows residing with me that wake me up every day. but the one i am posting seems to be different from the rest & normally it keeps aloof from the other. shot hurriedly while it foraged with 7D, 100-400, f/5.6, 1/640, iso-500, fl 360mm, EC "0". C&C pl.

Murugan Anantharaman
21-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Nice image Kaling. For a sparrow the bird does look a bit different. I'm not sure if it is a sparrow, am sure the experts can confirm. I like the saying that you have written here, I would like to extend it to anything related to nature. Destroy nature and you get destroyed.

Thanks for sharing.

Saktipada Panigrahi
21-03-2012, 06:36 PM
A rare beautiful image from Arunachal.The bird looks like a Female Streaked Weaver(Ploceus manyar peguensis).Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Mrudul Godbole
22-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Nice to see this rare species. The eye contact is nice. Slight more space at the bottom would be good. A lower angle would have enhanced the composition further. Thanks for sharing.