PDA

View Full Version : Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 Lens

Suresh George
23-03-2012, 06:12 PM
hi .,

I am using a Canon EOS 550 D camera. Planning to buy a Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM Lens. Please advise whether this lens is compatible.

Also let me know the performance of the Sigma Lenses

regards

SG

Sabyasachi Patra
24-03-2012, 08:58 AM
The Sigma lens come in Canon mount as well as Nikon mount. You have to ensure that you buy the one with Canon mount.

Sigma is cheaper in cost than Canon and Nikon. It is also not comparable in quality with the top notch L Series lenses of Canon. Buying a lens is a price/value question. I used to use Sigma lenses a lot about a decade back, but gave up due to their quality control issues and lack of servicing.

Sigma lenses help people in getting a long focal length at a less price. The quality is a compromise though. When one is learning, it is fine. Later on when a person feels that he/she is confident about the need to spend more, then one can sell off the sigma (at a discount) and buy the Canon lenses.

Sabyasachi

Jitesh Karanjkar
26-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Hello Suresh,

I am also planning for the same. Please let me know if you have bought the Sigma 150-500mm Lens if so then at how much and how'z your experience with it?

Would you suggest to go for it?

Regards,
Jitesh Karanjkar

Suresh George
30-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Hello Suresh,

I am also planning for the same. Please let me know if you have bought the Sigma 150-500mm Lens if so then at how much and how'z your experience with it?

Would you suggest to go for it?

Regards,
Jitesh Karanjkar

H Jitesh,

I bought the 150-500 lens. Its working well on EOS 550 mount. I bought it from flipkart @ Rs.68600/-..

regards

SG