PDA

View Full Version : Stone Plover: Eye see You!

Bibhav Behera
24-03-2012, 12:46 PM
I have just relocated to Bangalore and couldn't but help make a quick dash to Ranganathittu. I drove down there yesterday. The trip reminded me a lot of my Mysore days when I used to go there every weekend. The prices there have however now increased as many would be aware.

My thoughts in making this image was to try and encompass the bird in its environment as much as possible. These birds are somewhat shy and i have often noticed them try to settle down on the rocks and make their profile undetectable.

I do have images with the beak showing but I felt this looked more intriguing. Would love to hear your thoughts on this.

This was taken at 4:55 PM

Canon EOS 7D, 300 f/4L IS USM + 1.4x II Extender
SS 1/800
f/8
ISO 400

Ful Frame Image. Comments and critiques welcome.

Roopak Gangadharan
24-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Nice concept.Good job on focus.

TFS
Roopak

Saktipada Panigrahi
24-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Nice image.Pleased to see that you are passing through a process of evolution:Abstract photography.Thanks for sharing.SaktiWild

Sabyasachi Patra
25-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Bibhav,
Good to know that you could find time for a quick Ranganathitu trip. It is actually good that you are trying a few different compositions. Not everything will succeed, however when you get it right, the impact will be very nice.

In this image, if you were slightly lower and right the the the yellow of the beak would not have been visible. That gives an impression that something is missing. I am talking of a very very slight shift in position. Check your other images and see if one of the images from the series has it and see if that has a higher impact. I am sure it would look much more stronger. Overall it looks nice. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi